Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Walking My Bike

Walking My Bike 

6376931_orig.gif

1963
As I walk through The Gardens of Eden, I feel the cold breeze cutting through my thin coat. My bike bumped repeatedly against my leg but I didn't bother to do anything about it, the soft turquoise colour soothed my thoughts about Ivy's death. I finally found shelter behind a huge oak tree and slept. 
I woke up to a beautiful morning full of prancing birds and happy cicadas. Then it hit me. I need to go back. I run through the Gardens pushing my bike as fast as I could. 
But when I got to the gates they were locked… 
I need to get out. I run the whole way around the gates but nothing is open. So I decided to wait, I think it is the longest wait I have ever had to have wait. 
When the guards finally came out to open the gates I run out without listening to the questions and remarks that followed behind me. 

For our class weekly writing we had to go on a website and find an image to describe. Then write a description on the picture in present tense.
I did mine about a girl around the age of 13, that had run away from home with her bike because someone she knew died. I think that I chose this picture because I love bikes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary. My name is Wyatt from Totara 1 at Grey Main School. I really liked your blog post because you used descriptive language to describe the scene. I look forward to hearing from you soon. From Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a good story Rosie i liked how in the story you biked into Eden garden and fell asleep and woke up to closed gates. good describing

    ReplyDelete