Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Summer Learning Journey Task 2

Arriving In New Zealand, Setting Sail

Image result for map of new zealand
Task - Imagine you were travelling to New Zealand from your home country on a Waka, write a short letter to a friend about your voyage. 

Dear Friend, 

I write this letter to you as something to remember me by. I wan't you to know that not a day goes past when I don't miss home, but now that I have settled here in New Zealand with my family I don't regret my choice. 
The trip here was long and boring, there were beautiful days and there were stormy days, there were fun days when we laughed and sang songs, excited about our new life, there were days when we sat gloomy watching the horizon waiting for the first spec of land to loom out of the sea.
There are funny stories about my brother falling out out of the Waka and once we almost got lost but we are here now.  
On the day we first set foot on the land it was sunny and beautiful as I felt the golden sand under my feet I knew I had made the right decision to come to this new land.
I send my best wishes for your new school next year, give your family a big hug from me.

Lots of Love, Your Best Friend



4 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie.

    Great to see you have made a start on the Summer Learning Journey Tasks. You have really placed yourself in the shoes of the Friend and how they must of felt with all the emotions that go along side immigration. I look forward to seeing you complete more tasks and reading them.

    Catch you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Rosemary

    My name is Jolie and I am from Glen innes School. I am doing the summer learning Journey just like you. Your letter is very interesting and descriptive. Cant wait to see more of your work. Have a great holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rosemary,

    You have written a really descriptive and thoughtful letter. I love how you described the journey to and arrival in New Zealand, I felt like I was there on that waka with you. Have you used Canva before? Maybe next time, you could use the awesome templates Canva has to make your letter look authentically old.

    If I wrote a letter to a friend I was leaving, I would include a special gift small enough to fit into the envelope. I think I’d give her something I made like a flax necklace decorated with sea glass. What would you send with your letter?
    I hope your holidays are going well, I can’t wait to read more of your posts soon.

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Rosemary,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team!
    What a beautiful letter you have written! It’s a very heart-warming piece of writing. I love how you have spoken of the journey, what you did during that time out in the ocean and watching land come into view on the horizon.
    I wonder, did you encounter any serious danger along the way?

    Well done! Great to see photos included to engage your readers!

    Blog ya later!

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete